Thursday, August 10, 2006

Garcia Shmarcia

Jerry Garcia died eleven years ago today. Feeling sorry for my adult self and wondering why I would never feel as good as I did as a dumb kid when I thought the Grateful Dead would save my pathetic soul, I went to San Francisco that day hoping to make a pilgrimage with fellow heads. But as it turned out, I got there a day early. Hasty shrines to Garcia had been erected around the city, but no one was really paying attention to them yet - it was just a bunch of Haight stragglers and such.

So I took the next plane back to L.A. The big wake/celebration took place the next day. I had missed out on everything. It seemed a fitting metaphor - It was way too late to think I could "connect" or "vibe' in some deep way with fellow travelers. It was all absurd anyway; that day felt more contrived than it should have, if I remember the news reports correctly.

Still like the Dead though. Right now I'm deep into the mirror ball disco period. That's the problem with fans - they like even the dog poop.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, don't knock disco. I recently revisited my Saturday Night Fever vinyl, and must say, it really holds up. Okay, well, you could skip the 5th of Beethoven and stick with the Bee Gee's tunes... IW

Anonymous said...

Buy sex toys online like doubledong, dual penetrators, edible sex toys. Also buy sextoys products like eggs bullets, electrical fetish, enema douche and other discount sex toys store items online.

buy sex toys
fetish sex toys
sextoys
dual penetrators
edible sex toys
eggs bullets
electrical fetish
enema douche
discount sex toys store
sextoy
sex toys store

aa said...

角色扮演|跳蛋|情趣跳蛋|煙火批發|煙火|情趣用品|SM|
按摩棒|電動按摩棒|飛機杯|自慰套|自慰套|情趣內衣|
live119|live119論壇|
潤滑液|內衣|性感內衣|自慰器|
充氣娃娃|AV|情趣|衣蝶|
G點|性感丁字褲|吊帶襪|丁字褲|無線跳蛋|性感睡衣|